Quickhit Hall of Fame

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old and new members of the formally popular internet game Quickhit Football all in one place.

3 posters

Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Iamthedude

Oh my god, who the hell cares? Empty Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Post by Iamthedude Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:25 pm

My local news station (KTHV, CBS affiliate in Little Rock) just went to commercial, but on the list of things they would discuss when they came back: people were having trouble accessing and using twitter.

[Insert the thread's title here]

I mean, are we really that f*cking devoid of news to report? Why... why does this even matter? I mean, let's think about what the hell twitter even is! it's essentially sending text messages that everybody in the world can look at, but almost nobody wants to. The day that this is news is the day they should just reserve the entire 10:00 broadcast for showing random pictures that the viewers send in.

There's a story like this that's being used as filler in just about every local news broadcast... it makes me wonder why they even give them 4 broadcasts a day? Just, like, cut the commercial breaks and the filler stories, and make it 15 minutes instead of 30. then, fill the next 15 minutes with the weather report graphics on the left side and commercials running on the right, and the viewers save time, the network saves money (15 minutes of commercials > 8 minutes) and nobody has to listen to pointless bullsh*t waiting for something they want to hear about to come up.
    Chaunce
    Chaunce
    Admin

Oh my god, who the hell cares? Empty Re: Oh my god, who the hell cares?

Post by Chaunce Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Iamthedude

Post by Iamthedude Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am

Thank you for understanding that reference, chaunce...
    Chaunce
    Chaunce
    Admin

Post by Chaunce Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:53 am

Gotta understand alot of the segments are sponsored, meaning they're paid to do them. And as you know everything, even the news is a Business (even though it shouldnt be, but, ya know, its america.

I see what ya mean though. but twitter itself is very helpful. Giving access to millions around the world is gonna have its good and bads, but im sure the goods out weigh the bad in this situation, for every picture of a drunken bitch showin her snatch theres a credible tweet about an army invading a country and getting that news to the world etc.

Gotta look at both sides imo.
    Coach_James
    Coach_James

Post by Coach_James Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Iamthedude wrote:My local news station (KTHV, CBS affiliate in Little Rock) just went to commercial, but on the list of things they would discuss when they came back: people were having trouble accessing and using twitter.

[Insert the thread's title here]

I mean, are we really that f*cking devoid of news to report? Why... why does this even matter? I mean, let's think about what the hell twitter even is! it's essentially sending text messages that everybody in the world can look at, but almost nobody wants to. The day that this is news is the day they should just reserve the entire 10:00 broadcast for showing random pictures that the viewers send in.

There's a story like this that's being used as filler in just about every local news broadcast... it makes me wonder why they even give them 4 broadcasts a day? Just, like, cut the commercial breaks and the filler stories, and make it 15 minutes instead of 30. then, fill the next 15 minutes with the weather report graphics on the left side and commercials running on the right, and the viewers save time, the network saves money (15 minutes of commercials > 8 minutes) and nobody has to listen to pointless bullsh*t waiting for something they want to hear about to come up.

but that story is interesting to the vast majority of mindless lemming zombies that populate this nation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:49 am